Friday, July 24, 2009

Big Weekend

Last weekend was an eventful one for us - mom and dad came to Santa Barbara, mom's birthday was on Saturday and I had two baby showers. Despite all the fun, I only ended up taking two pictures the entire time!

Dad was exhausted after the long drive down from Sacramento...here he is "resting" :)

On Saturday evening, we were planning to celebrate mom's birthday at one of our favorite restaurants, Opal, but there were no available tables. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise since we had one of the best meals we've had in Santa Barbara - at Petit Valentien. Great french cuisine made with fresh local market produce. We started off with an amazing salad, pate (made in-house), a good bottle of white and seafood dishes for our entrees. Our food was so good that we couldn't pass up dessert and, for those of you who know us, you know we had to order one of each dessert. Needless to say, there were no leftovers.

I'm hungry now....

No comments: