Tuesday, November 13, 2012

SB International Marathon

I decided to take on the Santa Barbara International 1/2 Marathon this year and for those of you who know me, I am NOT a runner. When I first started my 12 week training program, I couldn't even run a half mile without stopping. But I stuck to it and on Saturday I completed my first (and, to be honest, probably my last) half marathon. My official time was 2 hours 7 minutes which brings me to a 9 minute, 42 second mile average.  Not bad for someone who 4 months ago hated to run!
Here I am with Marie, all pumped up before the start of the race. It was freezing at 7am!
Lining up...
Francis and the kids were there to cheer me on the whole time.  Hearing Zoe say, "Go Mommy Go!" was the cutest thing ever. Fanfan ended up driving down and surprising me around mile 7, I was so confused at first, wondering who the french guy was running after me ;)
Zoe cheering me on.
Poor little Maddox trying not to fall asleep
About 10 feet from the finish line - I was about to fall over at this point.
The official time!
I literally can't stand up at this point.
We did it!!
 We went to Flavor of India and hit up their buffet that afternoon. I love no-guilt lunches!
 

 
 A few friends and I treated ourselves to deep tissue massages and brunch at the Four Seasons Biltmore the next day...so fun and much needed!

The bird that pooped on our table.
 Now that I think about it, I might just have to do another race just for that spa treatment and brunch.  Never say never, right?


No comments: