Friday, December 19, 2014

Nutcracker

Zoe and I had a mommy-daughter date last weekend and went to see the Nutcracker.  I have been wanting to create more "traditions" and I think this will definitely be an annual one!  After swim class Zoe and I headed downtown and had a nice lunch at Z'Tejas.  Zoe was allowed to order anything she wanted and she picked chocolate chip pancakes and a strawberry virgin daiquiri.  She was in sugar heaven.
Our good friend Adrienne joined us - Zoe loves her.  Adrienne used to live around the corner from us in Santa Barbara so I think Zoe has developed a certain connection to her that she doesn't have with other people here in Austin.  :)
After lunch, we headed to the Long Center and found the perfect parking spot, which is definitely not easy in downtown Austin.  Our luck continued inside when we noticed this sign at the bar right outside of our seating area.  Whoever came up with this idea is a genius (or a parent). 
Here we are inside!  There were so many kids there...and I don't think there were any meltdowns!

We tried to take some pictures at intermission with the downtown skyline but the glare of the sun didn't make it easy. Zoe also was not standing still (all the sugar from lunch maybe?) and she was doing her best ballet moves in front of the crowd.  Keeping her still was almost impossible as you can see.
Sugar face
 Here is one I had to edit a lot to capture the downtown Austin skyline.
These pictures make it look like we're so far away when in reality we could see so much detail.
Can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: