Sunday, May 31, 2015

Crazy Texas Weather

I need to get out of Texas and back to earthquake country!  We had 6 tornado warnings/seek shelter warnings on Memorial weekend alone.  I had to wake the kids (and the two dogs) up in the middle of the night and bring them into the bathroom during these warnings.  Of course they thought it was fun and wanted to sleep in tub for the next week.

We had major back to back storms and while we weren't affected by the floods, our neighbors had some issues and some other Austin communities had to deal with 40 foot high waters.

 The creek behind our house was the highest in 20 years.  It was more like a river for 2 days.


Zoe reading to her brother - keeping our minds on other things  :)
The phone, TV & Internet alerts were non-stop
 This is a picture from a neighbor...taken approximately 8 miles away from our neighborhood.

 I suppose the silver lining is that all these storms =  Lake Travis going up 35+ feet and a new roof!
BEFORE
AFTER
The roofers were the fastest workers I've ever seen.  They were done in 1.5 days.  Amazing.
The downside of storms... BIG BUGS.   I almost walked right on this guy.  Eeeeeek!

No comments: