Sunday, May 3, 2015

Mimene Saved The Day!

Mimene flew out to Texas for a few days to watch the kids while I had to travel to New York for work. (Thanks again for saving my ass, Mom!)  I don't know who had the most fun - her or the kids. They definitely took advantage of having her around, they took her to Target, they slept in her bed, and may have talked her into buying certain candy that is usually not allowed in the house  ;)  But at the end of the day it seemed like everyone was sent to school on time, fed and had fun!
Getting ready to go to school - please note Z's new outfit and doll stroller...
How can you say no to this face?
Who doesn't love Target?
He looks a little nervous on his way to school...maybe he thinks Mimene is lost?  Or maybe he's worried that she's using her cell phone in the car?  ;)
We spent Saturday at swim class and Zoe's soccer game...I was clearly tired from traveling.


We had a nice lunch outside on the river, at Ski Shores Cafe.  I love this place. They have the best play structure and sand area for the kids!







I was determined to find the famous bluebonnet fields  - we ended up driving for a few hours all over the hill country.  We never found them.  But we did find a nice field on the side of the freeway.  I was not about to go home without at least pretending that we found them!  Here are the pictures we took. Quite the success considering no one got bit by the tarantulas (yes, we did see one! eek!) or hit by the cars.   









Thanks again, Mimene, for coming all this way to watch the kids!

No comments: